Isn't Shopto supposed to be cheap for games?

They selling MW3 for £49.85 link Considering many e-tailers are doing it for 10 pound less.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They've said they are out of stock now of their "special price stock" so back to normal price.... <.< good job I'm going elsewhere. Shopto are the best in general and growing but they ain't doing anything to tempt me to get it from them.

[quote user="FondestConch90"]

They selling MW3 for £49.85 link Considering many e-tailers are doing it for 10 pound less.

[/quote]

They are usually pretty good with prices but not always the cheapest with any game, I just stick with them because of their service.

It seems expensive but then again does it, I remember paying £70  for games about 18 years ago for the SNES. O.k they weren't official Pal versions they were American copies of the game used on an adapter but you got to play some games months before the pal release. It was sometimes worth paying out £70, Two old classics I remember paying out for we're Starfox and Mario Kart.

[quote user="pesty13"]

It seems expensive but then again does it, I remember paying £70  for games about 18 years ago for the SNES. O.k they weren't official Pal versions they were American copies of the game used on an adapter but you got to play some games months before the pal release. It was sometimes worth paying out £70, Two old classics I remember paying out for we're Starfox and Mario Kart.

[/quote]

I remember paying £85 for the Japanese import of Street Fighter 2  :-()

They know that people use them alot to get games a day early. It's all supply and demand, I guarantee that they have sold enough games at the higher price to warrant doing it.

Its the last week before the games release, its smart business to put the price back to the RRP for games you know will sell at that price, its no different then going into an actual store on release day and seeing they have the price for a new game like Batman Arkham City at £45 instead of the usual £40

cor i feel so lucky that i pre booked this months ago when they were selling it fot £36.95.  

Ages ago they used to attract people with bargain prices.

Nowadays they're not really that cheap compared to anywhere else.

You should try ordering something unimportant to to you to see what the service is like in your area.

Shopto are good but once they dispatch the stuff is in the hands of the Postal chain and that's where delays can occur.

In my old place even recorded deliveries would take a couple of days to arrive.

Az

"recorded deliveries" are not attached to times, it's just a sig is needed, insure up to 40quid, can be on first or second class. 77p per time no matter what item.

I was really surprised by the price when I checked yesterday. Ended up ordering it from Tescoentertainment for £34.90.