Is titanfall the new modern warfare.

Now I know what your thinking. Oh another comparison thread between Titanfall and cod. Well that's not what I'm talking about at all. I remember back when MOH Allied **** came out and then the very first COD they were hugely popular. All of a sudden the games market shifted and it seemed that every game released was WW2! Then all of a sudden COD- Modern warfare hits the scene. next thing we know we are hit with so many modern warfare themed games. To the point where most people hate modern combat games as much as WW2 combat games were hated 10 years ago. So the question is. With the popularity that Titanfall is already showing before it's actual release, if this thing explodes into the new MW, are we going to be inundated with futuristic shooters? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"are we going to be inundated with futuristic shooters? " ...

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me. I know it's only rumours at the moment but according to quite a few Modern Warfare 4 has "Titanfall like weapons" ...

IMo the difference between MOH and COD, is the way COD is much smoother, I used to get sea sick playing MOH the way the man moved up and down when running.

I think its more about how the game works feels and plays more than the genre.

Ghosts is the new Modern Warfare.....

Man I tell you. The games industry needs to seriously find a balance. What's wrong with still making a good Ww2 shooter at the same time as a modern combat shooter and a futuristic shooter. Variety is the spice of life.

If you get the base right, you should be able to skin it anyway you want.

Guys why don't you actually read my post. Your not understanding what I'm talking about. Except lofty.

I agree, Blops 1 was a refreshing change of pace because it mixed fairly modern day warfare with past warfare. I wouldn't like to see too much of a futuristic spike in FPS games. Devs need to realize that they don't need to use facts or real locations to make a game fun. Take timesplitters... I would play a CoD game if it was based on Mars, or even 1000's of years ago with modern day weapons. They need to play a little bit more imo.

Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike were already  FPS in a modern era,Modern Warfare just follow the path....But Modern Warfare brought a "Hollywood action movie feeling" in the campaign and a speed/fast action shooter for multiplayers....and it became a succes.

Now,i think gamers wants to play different genre of FPS : past,present,future era....with soldiers,monsters,aliens,not only  human soldiers vs humain soldiers...And having mechas in Titanfall in one of the best idea that Respawn had for this game....

id love to see battlefield 2142 remade

I'm just hoping that all if a sudden we don't start seeing a crazy amount of futurist fps coming out just because titanfall is the new flavour of the month. I hope game companies mix it up a bit. I mean after all the modern combat shooters that have come out, I really think a great WW2 fps would be a great change of pace right now. One where it was t all missiles and stingers. Where things were a bit more gritty and killing someone took skill because your gun didn't have a million scopes and muzzle breaks and flash suppressors. Where you had to learn to really control your weapon. Don't get me wrong, I do love my futuristic and modern games as well but I feel there need to be more variety. I hope game companies make "GAMES" and not "CLONES".