is this violating anything?

i have a pre-paid card ( 3 month ) and i dont want to put my real billing info in the billing info section. i wont be adding a credit card on it so is it really nessesscary ?. i want to use fake info. is that illegeal or against any of the rules?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It's against the Xbox Live Terms of Use. Also, if you ever lose control of your account and want to get it back, you can't if you put a fake name, since support can't verify that it's your account.

I'd recommend just using your actual details, it's not like anyone can see them publicly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its just, it was my friends account he gave me and now i want to get rid of his info and not put any but it wouldent let me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, you'll have to have something in there, there's no way of leaving it blank once it's been filled in. Your best bet is to just put your own info in there.

Sorry this didn't help.

This same situation came up on the boards a while back.  Someone put in fake information on his account when he created it a few years ago.  Since then, he had purchased a lot of items.  Then he lost the account and was not able to get it back.

Support could not help him because the information on the account was not his.  Because of this he lost everything.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ReAcTzz iz BaKK"]

its just, it was my friends account he gave me and now i want to get rid of his info and not put any but it wouldent let me.

[/quote]

Actually you shouldn't even be using your friends account. You should create an account of your own.

5.  Your Service account, associated accounts and accounts from third parties.

Only you may use your Service account.  You must keep your accounts and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the Service on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism for that. You must tell us right away if you suspect misuse of your accounts or any security breach in the Service. For some parts of the Service, you may be able to set up additional accounts that are dependent on your account ( “associated accounts”).  You’re responsible for all activity that takes place with your Service account and any associated accounts.  Except as otherwise stated in this Section 5, you may not authorize any third party to access and/or use the Service on your behalf, except where we provide a mechanism for third parties to access the Service on your behalf.  We may limit who may use your Service account or any associated accounts. source

• Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual. source

Sorry this didn't help.