Is this the future of gaming?

Hello all, I have just come across a segment of a gadget show episode were they create a in house battlefield 3 simulator which still delivers the enjoyment of Battlefield 3 but fully emerges you into the game unlike any current day technology can deliver. Its clear companys are trying to get us off our armchairs and onto our feet as we play our favourite games using new technology such as Kinect and Nintendo Wii. But is this the real future of gaming. Will we one day not be surprised by videos such as these as we will be so used to using it on a day by day basis. Dont get me wrong i dont expect to be stood in my room as a group of computer boffins are sat next door making sure everything runs smoothly or nor do i expect us to have paint ball guns installed in every corner of our rooms because neither of this is practical but what is stopping something similar being put to market in the distant future. Just a thought. Enjoy and discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY]

Looks a good idea, for arcades in resorts etc etc. but for the home? No. The equipment would be stupidly expensive, you'd have to install those treadmill type things into your home floor, and have a huge probably what, 700 inch plus screen 360 around your room. Just wouldn't be practical in the home, and certainly wouldn't be nice on your pocket change.

If you've got a mansion, and about 10,000£ to spare, then feel free.

Haha i think this would clearly be aimed at arcades. But wether or not you would get a go or not would be a compltley different matter i can imagine the lines for it would more then likely be miles long lol.

Its Called Paint Balling...been around for years

Yes i am aware of what it is thanks...why the correction?... because i called them paint ball guns? surely thats what there called.

its called Paint Balling, you know..running around in woods shooting people with paint ball guns...why bother going to any expense to set something up in an arcade when you get a group of maters, each pay a fiver and go running around in the woods lol

-

Its been going on for years...so its hardly the future of gaming, its already here

Is this the future of the xbox.com forums? Re posting the same video less than two days after someone else? I think so!

forums.xbox.com/.../235221.aspx

did you watch the whole video?...Did you also read what i said on the first post. Clearly its not practical to do in a game. Just a point you keep on bringing up the paint balling and how people can/should just go to a near by paintballing area and just do it as its meant to. So it would be a bad thing all in all to add it to another piece of technology to improve the way we play games? i cant see what youre problem is to be honest.

@Primo Fusion well sorry i watched the same video as you and put it on here. I never knew that had been posted as i dont check every thread i have posted in. Sometimes i just share my view and dont look at it again quite simple. Apologies.

No.