Is this possible for Xbox Live?

Okay so I'm at my buddy's house, he has an standard Xbox 360 while I have the Xbox 360 Slim. We have these two Xboxes set up at different televisions, and he has wi-fi in his house. Since the Slim has built in wi-fi, it can connect to the wireless network, but since the standard doesn't have wi-fi built in, it can't connect unless I put a wireless adapter in it or if I use a wired connection. Unfortunately, me or him don't have a wi-fi adapter and the router is in a spot where we can't connect it wired. So here's what I'm wondering: Since I have an ethernet cable, I was wondering if I could use it to bridge the two Xboxes together so that the standard shares the internet with the Slim. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it? Thanks so much in advance.

-James

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry but that will not work sharing the connection from console to console. They aren't designed that way.

If he has a laptop and turns on ICS he could connect his console to that and play. However he may experience issues connecting to other players as it would almost certainly only give him a Moderate NAT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Where is the router located that you cannot connect a wire?  Since I don't know what you mean by "bridge" I can't comment on that.  However, if your games support it, you can do a system link: just connect one ethernet cord to each console.  So you would plug one end to Console A and the other end to Console B.  I used to do that with the original console all the time.  And I found a hub where I could connect consoles eventually.  This method bypasses the internet altogether.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't do it with another Xbox, but you can do it with either a desktop PC or a Laptop either via ICS or a Network Bridge Connection.  This Support article tells you how to do it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978618

I would suggest you avoid the ICS connection type or you could end up with either a strict or moderate NAT type.  This could cause problems connecting to games and communicating with other players on Live.  Use the Bridge connection type instead.  You may also need to configure any firewall software on your PC too (Mcafee, Norton, Zone Alarm ect). If you have no third party firewall software and are running either Windows Vista or Windows 7, you don't need to worry about this.

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe what the OP means by bridge (atleast from his description) is that he wants to connect console A to console B and use console B's internet connection for both consoles to play online at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong OP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, if that is the case the no, that won't work.  As I mentioned above, the only thing I have ever done like that was by using the Sustem link.  

Sorry this didn't help.