Is this legit?

Color me paranoid, but I received the following email today:

"Invitation to Participate in Xbox Research" 

Dear Xbox owner,

Microsoft and Xbox continually strive to deliver the best products and services possible.  At this time, we are inviting our customers to help make our products and services even better by participating in a short online study.  We are emailing you because you signed up to receive communications from Xbox.    

TO PARTICIPATE

Click the link below to begin; it takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.  We look forward to hearing your opinions!

[DELETED]

• If for any reason the hyperlink does not work, please cut and paste it directly into your browser.
  • If you have technical difficulty accessing the survey, please email Market Decisions at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

This e-mail was sent on behalf of Microsoft Corporation through Market Decisions Corporation, a marketing research firm commissioned by Microsoft to conduct this study.  For information about Market Decisions Corporation’s relationship with Microsoft, please email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Xbox Customer Research

If you do not wish to receive these communications from Xbox, you may opt out in one of the following ways: 1) update your contact preferences on My Xbox, 2) select Privacy Settings under Edit Gamer Profile on your Xbox 360 console, 3) select the Info Sharing option in Account Management for the Original Xbox LIVE dashboard or 4) e-mail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with "UNSUBSCRIBE XBOXMktg" in the subject line. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

Privacy Statement

Terms of Use

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

As long as it isn't asking for any personal information, I assume it's safe. We do contract with third-party vendors to do research on our behalf.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It asked for age, race, income, and *** but that's as close to personal as it got.  LOL, didn't like that three letter word that is synonymous with gender.

Sorry this didn't help.

You have on-going issues with account security. You have every reason to be paranoid and untill You get back up and running and have all issues resolved I would be a little dubious about any E-mails You get. To be safe i would let that one slide.

Sorry this didn't help.