Is This Gonna Become The Norm?

So by now most gamers know that if you get GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION you'll also get the entire Gears collection via BC. If you get JUST CAUSE 3, you guessed it... you get the bc version of Just Cause 2. So I'm wondering is this gonna be the new trend? Are gamers gonna be forced to by certain game titles to get some of the bc games? 

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-one-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-comes-with-gears-collection

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/04/buy-just-cause-3-on-xbox-one-and-get-backwards-compatible-just-cause-2.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Those BC games will still be available to play if you already own them (Disc or Digital), regardless of whether you buy the newest in the series or not. This is just a bonus for those that have never played or bought the 360 or older versions before.

What Burnin said its a good thing

Yep this is not a bad thing. Bad thing would be if they said Pre order said game to get BC games. Its a nice bonus.

It's a good thing. I hope it becomes the norm plus if you just want to buy the older version of a game and not the newer version, you can. R6V and R6V2 are like under €5.00 each. Just buy that and not the new one though I don't know why you would.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

It's not a great thing.

They were great games when they released but they're dated and irrelevant now.

It's not like a Chocolate Teapot or an Ashtray on a Motorcycle.  These things won't work.

It's more like a Solar Flashlight.  There's no real point to it.

Yes, it is a very good thing.

It's a nice bonus for those who appreciate a good game......whatever it's age.

^ Yep,  great thing indeed for same reason

its great news for me as I had a ps3 most last gen so not played half the 360 exclusives so if I get them free its all gravy  

"Pac Man" is timeless.

"Just Cause 2"... not so much.

"Morrowind: GOTY" edition is probably one of the greatest games ever made.

However due to the advances in graphics and technology nowadays it's an eyesore and would be difficult for anyone to sit through and complete.

Re-releasing the original in the new version is one of those "sounded like a good idea at the time" kind of things that sounds good in practice but fizzles in the actual implementation.

Re-releasing? I'm pretty sure this is just giving the sequel away for free you know like GWG does every month.