Is this for real?

I've been reading that Sony bought Xbox? Is this for real? It can't be, right? If it is indeed true, what's going to happen? Here's the link to the article:

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/technology/sony-buys-xbox/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 265 Applies to:

Everything you read on the internet is true.

I can promise you with all of my heart that that is not true. Something like that would hit all of the large news sites instantly but this is a singular story on a complete crap website. I'd suggest improving your sources in future and (not to be rude or anything) being a little less gullible when you read something.

Hey OP.  Scroll to the very bottom of the page that you linked to, and read the part that says "About the News Nerd".

Hello there Pixler :)

Nope, not true in the slightest. I would go so far to say that there would be more chance of the earth rotating the other way round than sony buying xbox or vice versa. Both companies are doing just fine as far as I know.

Pixler = Thenewsnerd   (My guess)

SPOILER ALERT!

It's not for real.  The scroll-down to "about the news nerd" that Zen mentioned says that these articles are satirical.  So in other words not actual news and not real, so don't bother clicking the link.  In addition, it put up some popup that tried to get permission to install something on my computer.  Wasn't worth the time to close extra tabs, decline a download, and read a false news story.

Hey there

It seems to me that no one reads the footers of the website. Like, on the bottom of Xbox.com, you have, support/ Xbox wire/ for developers etc...

The website was set up for entertainment purposes. The story's on there are not true. The reason they post story's like that is so people laugh at how stupid they are, or for other reasons. Its like saying, someone walked on the moon with no oxygen equipment while singing ''we all live in the yellow submarine''

I would trust sources like, The BBC News or Fox News if your American. Always have more then one source, that way you can generally find out if it is true or not.

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

April Fools was nearly 3 weeks ago.

[quote user="SunkNath"]I would trust sources like, The BBC News or Fox News if your American.[/quote]

Trust Fox News?  That's the funniest thing I've read today.

I don`t know how the BBC works in america, but they are certainly not trustworthy in the UK.