Is There Any Specific reason?

For the fact that the X1 is not BC at all with either XBLA games from the 360 era or its' discs?  That by itself completely kills it for me...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yep, different structure. just keep your 360, it wont implode when you set the X1 next to it

BC is not a deal killer. I have been gaming since the 70's. There was no such thing as BC back then.  A new console came out, you got new games.

-

When the PS2 first came out with it I thought it was cool. Now I can keep the old games I loved so much. How many PS1 games did I play in it; maybe 4.

-

How many Xbox games did I play in my 360...Two to be exact.

-

I gave up on the BC thing because quite frankly as each new console was released I had little to no desire to play the old stuff. I am guessing I am not the only one out there like this either.

-

With the leap in the next gen consoles I guarantee I won't ever touch the old stuff again, and most others won't either.

I will stay for GTA V and Fable Anniversay. Everythinng else will be X1

Not to many people care about backwards compatibility. We are moving on to the next gen.

I have loads of original Xbox games and  only put Halo CE in the 360 once just to see if it worked! End of my story.

so you can re buy them on X1

I wish there was BC. There are so many current gen games I love so much I can totally see myself playing them in 10+ years. I mean, I still play PS1 games or PC games from the 90s...

Yap we all have a 360 to play 360 games.

New console, new games.

I will play less 360 games, maybe not a single game ones I play on Xbox One.

There are many reasons but mostly cause I will be spoiled with the new Xbox One features.

Why would I go back to the 360? :P

There is no reason at all other than it didn't inconvenience enough people to start an internet outrage.

They won't work because the Xbox One is X86 architecture, while the Xbox 360 is PPC (PowerPC).  Quite simply these two machines don't speak the same language.  The PS3 is also PPC based, while the PS4 is X86.  PS3 discs won't work in the PS4 for exactly the same reason that it too is X86.

Software emulation was the solution for running original Xbox games on the Xbox 360.  Unfortunately, the Xbox One's CPU won't be up to the task of emulating the Xbox 360, at least not at anywhere near full speed.  The only other option would have been to include the Xbox 360's hardware inside the Xbox One, but this would have increased the size of the machine, heat, the overall complexity of the motherboard, and the price.

The original PS3 models could play PS2 games because they included the PS2's chipset into the system motherboard.  However in later models, Sony removed the 'Emotion Engine' CPU to reduce costs, which impacted on PS2 backwards compatibility.  Finally in 2009, Sony removed the 'Graphics Synthesiser' GPU, completely removing all PS2 BC.

In case you were wondering, the Wii U has the same type of processor architecture to the original Wii (PowerPC) and a more powerful AMD graphics card.  This is the reason why all Wii games work on the Wii U.