Is there an advantage to getting one of the new Xbox One headsets?

Will the sound quality be better on them since they are built for the new Xbox One, or will it be the same exact thing as using a 360 headset with an adapter?

Currently the 2 Turtle Beach and Polk headsets are the only ones confirmed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The sound and hearing quality is much better based off of the major nelson sound bite i heard using the new headset...

@Spirit, whenever you are purchasing speakers or headsets remember this...The best stereo is your ears.

Try them out, see how they sound to you. Some may think they are great while others don't like them.  You don't always have to buy, bigger, better, more $$.

@ DJ really?

Remember the quality of the clip Nelson posted is showing how clear chat audio is as standard, nothing to do with headphone sound quality.

I can say that I asked myself the same question and ended up buying a set of Tritton 720+, wont be able to use them for chat right away for the One but that doesn't bother me. The advantage I could see in a One headset is that it could get the audio from the controller but I don't know if that's how any of the 3 announced so far do it.

At the end of the day I'd say it would be more convenient to get a headset designed for the One, but if you don't mind on missing out on chat until they release an adapter you could get a headset that gets audio via Optical in now and it would work find for everything but chat at launch

How could voice quality not improve? It is marginal at best on the 360, especially using MS accessories.

@Favious I thought they were releasing the adapter on launch day, or very shortly after?

And yeah, I really want a wireless headset if I am gonna purchase an official Xbox One headset. I really don't understand why there are still only 3 headsets announced for the One though? Don't you think Tritton and Astro are probably working on next gen headsets as we speak?

Well all the Tritton/Astros need is the adapter.. It hasn't been given a date yet. The 3 official headsets come with what's listed as an Adapter but I think it's kinda like the chat cable most 360 headsets have, I could be wrong though

To me it is not really a big deal. I have TB TANGO's. I will wait for an adapter then the firmware or whatever update will be released free of charge allowing wireless bluetooth headset owners to chat about 6 months later. Big buisness baby. In all honesty why in the hell is their no bluetooth capability? Sh!t it's a no brainer, even as to why xbox360 has not uodated its system to support current bluetooth really annoys and bothers me. That is where micro$oft really disapoints me. They are so unreluctant to allow other headsets to use the bluetooth capability accept their own. Hey I get it, big buisness. So yeah there we go.

No, all the Turtle Beach "Xbox One" Launch Headsets come with the "Adapter" in the box according to the product page.

-

AKA they are not optimized for X1 they are just compatible with it due to said adapter.