Is the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit compatible with the Xbox Series X/S Controller?

Hi, I have an Xbox One with the Play and Charge Kit and I want to preorder a next-gen Xbox. Do I need to preorder the new Play and Charge Kit or I can keep the old one?

Thanks.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the plug n play batteries are interchangeable, you just need the correct cable for the controller.

Play More Live More

44 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Someone know if the new Xbox One Controller S/X will be compatible with the old Xbox One ??

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Someone know if the new Xbox Controller S/X will be compatible with the old Xbox One ??

You're lucky. You can use the new Series X | S controllers on the old Xbox One. 

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

According to the Amazon listing where Microsoft responded you would need to get a cable to charge (usb A to usb C) but the battery itself would work. 

43 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just got my new Xbox series x controller yesterday. The battery fits but the idiotic thing is that the rechargable battery back plate does not fit on the new controller. You can't charge the controller without it on so it makes it entirely pointless. 

68 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just got my new Xbox series x controller yesterday. The battery fits but the idiotic thing is that the rechargable battery back plate does not fit on the new controller. You can't charge the controller without it on so it makes it entirely pointless. 

Have you tried using the back that comes with the controller? I know for a fact that all the official (and the other kits that charge with the internal port) can use the back that you use for AA batteries. So maybe try using the back that came with the controller if you can and report back.

I genuinely want to know as well because my One S controller is on its last legs.

And yes, the Xbox One and Series controllers do have a slightly different battery cover. If your pack is one mated specifically (usually the external port or the rock charging ones) they will have to specifically redesigned to fit.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have gotten the Xbox Series Controller and am using my old Charge Kit from the One generation. As quoted by @JACEN S0L0 you would need a seperate cable since the new controller has a Usb-C input. 

The only 2 issues are:
1) I cannot tell if my battery is charged completely because the indicator light was unique to the Charge Kit's cord.
2) Percentage of the battery (when I'm gaming wirelessly on Windows 10) reports that it is low regardless of the true charge level. So I cannot tell when I need to charge till the Controller's Xbox logo starts blinking.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The old battery accessory works and fits just fine with the new series x controller. Battery goes in and the series x controller cover goes back on without any problems. Please see pics. The only thing you have to remember is that you'll need a usb-c cable to charge it through the series x controller, and like mentioned by someone else, you can't tell when its charged. Generally I leave it charging for about 90 mins and thats plenty.

Hi, I have an Xbox One with the Play and Charge Kit and I want to preorder a next-gen Xbox. Do I need to preorder the new Play and Charge Kit or I can keep the old one?

Thanks.

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As you can see the new xbox controllers are NOT compatible with the battery covers required for the Power A Charging Station.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried cutting out a hole in my new controller battery cover and I was able to get the cover to stay on, but when i put it on the charger, it didnt work.  I will use my old broken controller to charge batteries and transfer to the new controller, and I wont use a battery cover... annoying.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 49,025 Applies to: