Is the xbox one going to look good at 720p

Hello everyone I just got a LG 720p LED tv for my xbox 360. I just found out that Im getting a xbox one for christmas also. I was wondering if the xbox one is going to look good on a 720p (will I notice a difference than my 360 even though its at 720p) Please answer :) Thank you

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It will look fine at 720P.  The main difference between 360 and One will not be resolution, but texture quality other various effects and framerate.  If you get it and decide it looks to crappy, then get a new TV.  Just remember, launch games are usually cross generation, and developers are also new to the hardware.  Neither console will start to shine until 2014 or later.

Alright well thank you :) I just didnt really know the difference. I LOVE the picture on my LG but Im just worried that im not going to notice a difference between the 360 and xbox one since its only 720p.

From Cnet.com reviews.cnet.com/hdtv-resolution

The difference becomes even more difficult to see at smaller screen sizes or farther seating distances--say, more than 1.5 times the diagonal measurement of the screen. For example, to see the benefits of stationary 1080p content on a 50-inch screen, you'll generally need to sit about 6.5 feet or closer. Few viewers want to sit that close.

....But for movies, games, and other standard video material, the benefits of 1080p are negligible unless you're sitting quite close.

Also all Xbox 360 and Xbox one content is upscaled to 1080p.

Thank you :) Its a LG lg ln4510. (24") also are all xbox one games supported in 720p?

yep, all current and next gen games can run at 720p if needed.

Yes 720p will run awesome on your TV.  The X1 will for sure look a lot better compared to your 360 because its a new generation system.  Better graphics!   Remember if you decide to go 1080p or 4k tv down the road the X1 supports it and will upscale the games.  :)

I think what excites me the most about the future for this console, and the PS4 for that matter, is that the same way Call of Duty 2 came out looking gorgeous back in 2005 before getting obliterated by Gears of War a year later, the same will happen again. When 1080p full fleshed HD console gaming starts. I predict that Star Wars Battlefront will be utterly gorgeous. 2015 is a long way off though :(

the next Gears will be AWESOME, just hope is is more like #3 than Judgment

I loved the first Gears. Liked the second. Really liked the third. Despised the 4th. I really can't see them doing enough to save that Franchise from the TRAVESTY that was Judgment. As sad as it will be after 7 years, I reckon they should just let the series rest in piece. Give us something new. New console, new franchises I say. And I suppose we can have another Halo, although I really am Haloed out at this point.

does your TV have HDMI inputs or does it have Component cables?