Is my 360 dying?

So I still have an original 360, and I think that it is dying. As of late it has had problems loading games, rendering games, and a few weeks ago I got a red ring, but I rebooted the system and it worked. I tried to play Skyrim yesterday and it froze before I was even in the game. I tried to play GTA 5 and I was having problems rendering the game, I would be in the game world, but nothing was loading, I could only walk around like it was a free play.

To other people, is my 360 about to bite the dust? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Short answer, yes. Or it could be your HDD. Try to pinpoint what's causing it to do that. Try playing Skyrim without any accessories and if it still locks up then it's the console. If not, then it could be the HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had an issue similar to that. I had an old xbox though. played oblivion alot and my disk drive wore out evetually got the permanent red ring and had to get a new xbox. This was a disc game not a digital if that helps any.

Sorry this didn't help.

If there were red lights on your console then that does suggest that there is a technical error within the console. How many Red lights displayed on the front of the console will give you an idea of the issue.

-1 light refers to a technical fault inside the console and with one you usually get an error message on the screen too to help diagnose.

-2 red lights is usually and over heating issue so make sure your console is well ventilated.

-3 red lights is serious technical issue and it would need to be repaired, but some times it can be caused by loose cables so  what you need to do is make sure all your power cables are connected securely.

- 4 red lights is usually and issue with the AV cable or AV port as in they are failing and will need to be replaced.

Also check your power supply if when turned on it has a red light then the power supply may be the issue. But the said news is the Red lights on the front of your console does mean that something is starting to fail inside your console. They are warning lights designed to tell you something is malfunction inside your console and they will eventually shut you console down for your own safety.

And I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but Original 360's are no longer supported so you will not be able to get the console repaired with Xbox. But I'm sure if you ask around maybe Game shops they may be able to put you in contact with someone reliably whom may be able to try and repair it.

Sorry this didn't help.