Is Mass Effect 3 worth it?

I'm struggling to justify Amazons £23 price tag. I need a new RPG and i've played Mass Effect 2, didn't take the time to finish it (which I regret) but is Mass Effect 3 any better? Do I need to play Number 2 in full? I know the story line etc.
Any help is appriciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

no.

Is it that disappointing?

Struggling to justify the price?  Then just wait till it goes cheaper, all single player games decline in price pretty quickly these days.  Mass Effect 2 was being sold for £5 brand new less than a year after release in sales.

I enjoyed Mass Effect 3, I still don't think it's as good as 1 or 2 but I still really enjoyed it, like quite a few others though I was really dissapointed with the ending.

May I throw in a suggestion, if your after an RPG, considered The Witcher 2? it's out everywhere this Tuesday, I've played it for about 8 hours now and totally blown away by it!

I might have to check Witcher 2 out then. I didn't wanna spend a whole heap on a new release, but if all else fails I might just go off a friends recommendation and get Dark Souls.

Cheers for the advice though, I might just let it decline in price some more then, I have a backlog I can work through including Dead Space 2, Fear 3, Castlevania LoS and Skyrim.

Actually really enjoying both the single player (although it's nothing new) and the new multiplayer. If you like the franchise, then you'll like it. If you couldn't be arsed to finish the last game then maybe do that first and wait for the price to drop.

The game is epic, I would suggest playing and finishing all of the first 2 games first to fully appreciate it, but if you don't I still think anyone would enjoy it.

Wouldn't say epic like. It's good. Just not as good as the first two.

If it wins any GOTY awards then no one deserves nice things

It felt epic when I was playing it though, so it gets an epic from me lol. Also certainly my GOTY contender so far.

Yeah but you appear to of only played very few games of 2011 (this is just based on your recently played of course) so hardly a lot of options