Is it worth the purchase?

Hey Xbox community, I'm planning on getting my Xbox One in the next week or two. I wanted to know if you think the purchase is justified and your thoughts on the user interface, the kinect, and the overall feel of the console. Is it a huge transition from the 360?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It depends. For me I was basically done with last gen and wanted something new. I am enjoying BF4 and can't wait to pop in Dead Rising and get my copies of Ryse and Need for Speed. The set up is great and I must say the new kinect is very good quality. It's wide lens so it gets more of the room and needs less space. Even being in front of my speakers for now, my voice is almost always heard. So in my opinion, absolutely worth the purchase.

For me it's not worth the purchase yet.  I still have about 6 or so Xbox 360 games that I enjoy playing on a regular basis and moving to the Xbox one will eliminate them.  The only title I am keen on right now for the one is Forza.  Not worth 500 just for that yet.  

In a few more months once they fix a bunch of the kinks and the game library grows, I will revisit the Xbox one.  From that I have read so far and seen in videos, the UI still seems to require a bit of attention and no doubt will get some updates in the weeks to come.

It's not a huge transition from the 360 right now, but you can tell the potential is there. I've never owned, much less played Kinect until now, but my experience with it so far has been top notch. Once you learn the voice commands, navigating is a breeze. I tried out Kinect Sports Rivals and the motion controls are near spot on, but there is a bit of lag. The interface is simple, but there is a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that should twist your mind. As far as games, I've only played Killer Instinct and COD: Ghosts (online only). KI is a real treat, and can't wait to really dive into it - this is coming from someone who hardly ever plays fighting games. Ghosts is much of what you would expect, even though the graphics are bit better, especially with the lighting. Players don't blend in to the surroundings and are easier to distinguish, unlike the 360 version. The biggest highlight for me is the controller. I love it. The infamous shoulder buttons are a bit of a step back, I have to admit though. But with that being said, I think its better than the 360 controller. I think it's worth the purchase, but it just needs more software.

I think its more worth it getting the PS4

[quote user="CaptiveAire"]

It's not a huge transition from the 360 right now, but you can tell the potential is there. I've never owned, much less played Kinect until now, but my experience with it so far has been top notch. Once you learn the voice commands, navigating is a breeze. I tried out Kinect Sports Rivals and the motion controls are near spot on, but there is a bit of lag. The interface is simple, but there is a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that should twist your mind. As far as games, I've only played Killer Instinct and COD: Ghosts (online only). KI is a real treat, and can't wait to really dive into it - this is coming from someone who hardly ever plays fighting games. Ghosts is much of what you would expect, even though the graphics are bit better, especially with the lighting. Players don't blend in to the surroundings and are easier to distinguish, unlike the 360 version. The biggest highlight for me is the controller. I love it. The infamous shoulder buttons are a bit of a step back, I have to admit though. But with that being said, I think its better than the 360 controller. I think it's worth the purchase, but it just needs more software.

[/quote]

Thanks