Is it worth buying ????

A ps3 now ? as there are a few games well loads of ps3 games that i would like to play also i was going to buy a blu ray player and while adding an extra £40 on top i could buy a 150gb PS3 slim. now i know this is an xbox forum but we are all gamers and while im still one of you i wanted to try out the PS3 again since i sold mine back in 2008

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Westy what about waiting out to see what the new ps as got to offer?? You may be able to play the old ps3 games on it aswell. Then again you may be able to get a cheap ps3........ And if you are ging to play the games and get your money out of it then go for it............

found a few on ebay for like £60 to £70 quid

If it's cheap enough and you're happy to throw the money at it then that's fair enough.

Sony are a little behind this generation... so much so that you won't see a Trigger Controller until the PS 4 but the people I game with who don't use their PS 3's anymore do remember titles like "Uncharted" and "God of War" with a little bit of fondness.

As publishers begin to start falling over each other to slip in extra ways of charing people for the games theu already bought real winner of the next "Next Gen" could very well end up being the Wii U if it remains the only platform available to actually offer complete games.

I still have too much to play on my XBox myself but you're a guy who's definately getting his money out of his 360.

Az

gaming is gaming/ dont appolagise for being inquisitave say and play my boy

I have often considered buying a ps3 just to be able to play theme hospital again. Keep hearing good things too about god of war, uncharted and the last of us. Cant be bothered to get off my egg box tho to go get one.

i would wait a bit and go for ps4

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

Westy what about waiting out to see what the new ps as got to offer?? You may be able to play the old ps3 games on it aswell. Then again you may be able to get a cheap ps3........ And if you are ging to play the games and get your money out of it then go for it............

[/quote]

You wont be able to play PS3 games on the PS4, at least not in the standerd way at least.  They have announced  a streaming service for sometime in 2014 that works similiar to OnLive on PC's, in which you'll be able to play PS3 games on the PS4, but I think you'll have to buy those games again, even if you already own them on disc.

westy I brought a ps3 recently and it is defnately worth getting, especially cos of all the free games and that you get if you have a psn plus membership

Id get one when the ps4 is out and go thru the back catalogue of games, but yeah im in the same boat really wanna play last of us !

edit: oh actually if you have the money now that extra £40 over a blueray player is well worth it !

if you go for a ps3 then get the psn plus membership as it will pay for itself with masses of free games.