Is it worth buying the family pack when my brother and I live under different roofs

My brother en-law are frequent player on Xbox live and we play against each other all the time, and use the kinect to stay in touch, but his account is about to expire. He lives in California and I live in Hawaii should I buy a Xbox live family pack for him and myself to save a couple of bucks? Would this be breaking the rules of the family pack gold membership? And most importantly can we play against each other under the same family pack membership?

Respectfully,

ManNbluE74

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A couple of things when joining a Family plan - It was made for parents and children.

So if your Brother inlaw purchased a points card, you would have to redeem it for him then give him the allowance of points.

Another thing is purchases with Credit cards, all Child accounts are unable to have a CC linked to there account.

So he would have to leave the family plan, add the CC then make the purchase then re join the family plan.

These are 2 things that stick out most in my mind; that could cause a problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you JUAN VAN, we really dont purchase very much on xbox live. Thank you again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.