Is it safe to use an Xbox 360 Original AC Cord in a Xbox 360 S Power Brick?

I just bought a used Xbox 360 S 250GB, but it does not have the AC cord to go with the Power Brick. Is it possible to use my old AC cord with the three prongs as a temporary solution until I get a two prong cord next week?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

as far as I know it should work fine as long as the ac cord fits the xbox. I recently had a power surge in my home that fried my power brick (luckily not my xbox) and I was going to use the cord from my fat xbox and found the connections were different on the back of the xbox ( xbox S has a double barrel connection, fat xbox has a box three prong). also you can buy a replacment power supply online for about $20.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First off the bat--the cable that goes from the wall to the brick is a standard cable. All can be interchanged.

If it's the BRICK that is damaged, do _NOT_ go on any online website other than https://myservice.xbox.com/. Register your device, and ask for a real replacement. If you get a fake (and you most certainly will if you buy it anywhere else), you risk your console being damaged or even starting a fire. Microsoft is the only retailer that sells real power supplies for the Xbox 360. Nowhere on eBay or Amazon, not Walmart, nowhere will you find a real power brick. So buy it there for again, around 20 bucks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.