Is it possible to unmod a modded Xbox?

Last week I bought myself a second-hand Xbox and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

3 days ago, I slept at a friend's house and we played GTA V.I enjoyed the game so much, that I asked him if I could borrow it.
He told me it was okay and gave it to me.

When I got home the next day, I wanted to insert the GTA V disk only to find that I had been playing a copied version of FIFA 14.
Everything worked fine and I was able to play online so I didn't bother checking if it was modded.
Apparently, the seller modded the Xbox and didn't tell me about it.
I tried to contact the seller but I couldn't get a hold of him.

I turned off my Xbox and haven't played ever since, because I heard that modded Xboxes can be bricked and accounts could be banned.

While chatting with an employee named Juliette, I was advised to add a post on the forums and it would be a matter of time before the Enforcement Team would contact me.

I want to know if it is possible to unmod the Xbox (if so, how?) or if I have to buy a new console.
I personally am against pirating so I'll do whatever it takes to go legal. [ Hurry please, XBOX IS SO TEMPTING :( ]

Just please don't brick/ban, I couldn't do anything about this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

You'd have to purchase a new console. "Unmodding" it would still be considered system tampering, so it's just best to get a new console so it won't get banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Suggested Answer 2:

Will it work with other games?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.