Is it possible to play on one account in different places?

My family has an Xbox LIVE account, and we all have profiles. I play Minecraft with my little brothers when I am home. Now that I am away at college, I can't play with them very often.

I had an idea, and I was wondering if this was possible:

Can I play Minecraft on my computer using my profile on our account, while my brothers play from home? Will we be able to interact the same way we play when I use the Xbox at home?

Let me know if you can help me! Please and thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Linen,

I'm guessing the tag you've posted on the forums with isn't the one you're referring to. For you to play with your brothers while you were away, you would each need an xbox live gold account to be able to access the online gaming features www.xbox.com/.../live

This would enable each profile to game online and connect with each other. Minecraft isn't one of my played games, but because it has multiplier functionality, I'm assuming it's Live Gold Compatible.

Did your family have a Family pack gold account, so each tag had gold as well? This has ended now, but each profile should still have a gold account until that expires. You would then have to purchase gold for each profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your brothers would have to make an account on the pc version of Minecraft because the pc version of Minecraft and Xbox version of minecraft are two different servers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.