Is it getting too late to buy a Kinect?

I'm debating about getting the Kinect, pretty much solely for the fitness games (the other games seem way too childish). My only concern is that it is getting too late in its lifespan for it to be smart to buy one. Is there going to be a kinect 2 coming out soon? Would it be a good idea to still buy a kinect or wait for something new?

THanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I`m pretty sure the only new thing that Microsoft would release would be the Xbox 720. I doubt there will be another Kinect, but you never know. It`s up to you bro.

I thought that I had read somewhere that a new Kinect would be coming and the reason I remember this, is because they stated that it would be sensitive enough to pick up individual fingers (instead of just hands) movement.  I am not sure where I may have read this, as I read a lot of tech blogs like Engadget and such.  

I'm thinking it would be best anyways to maybe wait at least until E3 to see if anything new pops up.

its only been out for a year and a half... its still a baby. i would say its much too early to get a Kinect. i only have one because it was free, bundled with my new 360slim i got a year ago. anyway... only a handful of decent games on it. check the scores and user reviews. i dont think there is even one Kinect game that gets a solid 9/10 even. and i wouldnt get any platform just for one game or game type.

I think it's still too early to buy a Kinect. There isn't one single Kinect game that is a must have, and all the Kinect features in retail games like Skyrim, etc. is only voice commands. Why not let me use my headset to shout commands? Kinect is a waste of time and money IMO.

I agree with the headset for voice commands... So much easier, when you have to be quiet & need to use your headset too.. + if you have the game up too loud on your stereo, the Kinect picks up commands etc..

I'd say it is way too early unless there are games that piqued your interest. Non of them look good to me. I may get one because my 4 year old son saw a commercial for Kinect Rush so he bugs me all the time.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

If you just want it for exercise games, go and get one and start exercising! Kinect is really good for putting a personal trainer in your living room.

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

I agree with the headset for voice commands... So much easier, when you have to be quiet & need to use your headset too.. + if you have the game up too loud on your stereo, the Kinect picks up commands etc..

[/quote]We've been over this probably a hundred times already.  Kinect has a processor which picks up on your voice as well as voice commands.  The only game I can think of that allowed voice commands via a headset was "End War" and that was a very limited amount.

@Eggnogga - Ghost Recon 2 allowed that via headset as well.

@OP - I've had my sensor since the beta period (one of the first few that went out) and have had no problems with it whatsoever.  My whole family enjoys it immensely.  As a matter of fact, shortly after we got it we sold our Wii.