Is Gotham city imposters worth getting ?

oddly been circling this game for a while and finally tried the demo and while I found it fun I'm worried there will be no point getting it on 360 as the community back bone will simply break as action of the next big FPS being the proverbial Bane snaps it over its leg.

So is the game worth buying ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I love Ikaruga :D

Guardian Heroes is awesome too.

Gotham City Impostors is a good game but I'd like to see a load more character edit options being thrown in as cheap or free DLC. That would get me back into it.

Also a replay mode and option to create a private match would be cool.

The community on it is indeed dwindling already mate, leaving the uber 1337 to seek each other on sparsely populated servers.

Takes a while to get a game now.

Great game that's fallen foul of the fickle nature of xbox gamers.

thats why i buy them on deal of the week

Wasted as an Arcade title.

If they had made the full effort to create a full on release I would have bought this.

Az

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

thats why i buy them on deal of the week

[/quote]

Definately the best time to pick some of them up.

You do get some discounts that are worth taking advantage of and at the end of the day other people can only tell you their likes and dislikes.

They can't tell you what you may or may not enjoy.

Az

you are missing out on some awesome releases.

[/quote]

Not really.

They're over-priced for what they are and especially in the market right now consumers want value for money.

I would have enjoyed playing "Trials HD" and "Limbo" and when they put them on a disc I did because that was value for money.

This is an excuse for me to throw 1200 points at a couple of days distraction.

Price them for what they're worth and I'll buy Arcade Games.

Az

-

some gems already released:

Trials HD

Shadow Complex

Guardian Heroes

Ikaruga

Radiant Silver gun

Battlefield 1943

-

some to come:

Jet Set Radio

Trails Evolution

many more that i can't think of right now.

If i had the spare points lying about i would get Gotham City Imposters  

-

some gems already released:

Trials HD - Already have it

Shadow Complex - Played it, not over the top enough for me

Guardian Heroes - Oddly not interested

Ikaruga - No, Ikuraga has never held my interest

Radiant Silver gun - Isn't that just Ikuraga esc again

Battlefield 1943 - Got it

-

some to come:

Jet Set Radio

Trails Evolution

many more that i can't think of right now.

If i had the spare points lying about i would get Gotham City Imposters  

[/quote]

Also as for the soon to come out ones like Jet Set Radio, I can say quite honestly Jet Set Radio didn't interest me on DC and it won't now sure its stylish but I just never enjoyed the gameplay

I have noticed the amount of players has declined quite quickly, but not to the point that its going to die off like many Arcade titles have done. It could have the life of Battlefield 1943, especially as they addressed the issue's it had (Which we're pretty bad untill they fixed the server, but we just had to play p2p for a few days) pretty quickly and intend to update and monitor.....  But then if they bring any payable DLC and split the community, playlists will be split into smaller one's. Which aint good for matchmaking!

I played it to death when it first came out. You can learn it pretty quickly and there's not many like it for speed and fun factor. Just wish more friends picked it up, as I would of carried on playing it more often prefering to play multiplayer with friends.  

I'm sure when it hits the DOTW there'll be a much needed injection of life into the servers. I'll probably pick it up then to be fair as 600MS is a pretty reasonable price to pay for your entertainment. I can spend more than that on my dinner at times .... not that Subway take Microsoft points of course ;)

I bought Section 8 : Prejudice when it came out which is a surprisingly decent game in itself but that suffered a similar fate. Despite supporting a whopping 32 players which you would think would be even worse for a dwindling XBLA title it does combat that problem though with bot support so I've joined numerous games and not even realised until late on that there were only a handful of people playing. Shame they couldn't have done that with GCI really