Is anything being done about our leaked info and hijacked accounts or is XBOX still denying there is a problem.

My account was just broken into on the 29th and over 5600 ms points were bought and spent (along with my 600 ms points on my account) on Fifa  11 DLC and now I also am one of the many new gamers with FIFA 11 or FIFA 12 Achievements.

I have already reported the fraud to paypal and xbox.com, I am just wondering what is being done to make sure that this doesn't keep happening. I have been seeing this same pattern all over the forums as well as other main sites. Will there be compensation for us or are we forced to just deal with our personal info being leaked and the hassle of getting our money and points back to us, and the fact that we now have fifa gamerscores even though we don't own the game.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well , to stop microsoft points being charged , for the time being you could just remove your paypal/credit cards via your account payment options .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Phone support, tell them you want an unauthorised access investigation opened on your account, job done. Do not hang up until you're they say the investigation is opened.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well , sorry I was wasn't informed .

Either way , it's best to  just wait the investigation out and see what it turns up .

As far as refunding goes , I'm not totally sure about that , let me see if I can find someone more knowledgeable about all this .

Sorry this didn't help.

is there no way to do by email or something?

Sorry this didn't help.

you can remove your payment options, not sure why they need that other than refunding the money. I simply removed the agreement from PayPal, got my refund from them and then removed all payment methods from my account. My account investigation still took only 22 days and they had no problems completing it.

Sorry this didn't help.

wait, other people had ms points stolen and fifa achievements put on their accounts? what the *** is going on? is there anywhere i need to go or someone i need to talk to or any way to fix this? i'm pretty sure i don't have any credit cards on my account, and most certainly no paypal, so i'm not at any more risk on that front, but i want fifa '12 off my achievements list and my ms points refunded.

Sorry this didn't help.

No you cannot remove your paypal/card info if you have are one of the many being hijacked, I was told by Microsoft Support that they needed to keep my paypal information on there for the investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="TheRobReport"]

I am just wondering what is being done to make sure that this doesn't keep happening.

[/quote]

You would need to ask EA since the compromise came from their end. MS is doing their part by conducting each investigation thorooughly. Of course that also means that with so many people hit by this the UAI will take longer than normal. Everyone affected by this are being given a free 30 day Live time code so they can still use XBL, on a new account, while the UAI is being done.

Since the 'leak' came from EA, I would think you should be asking for compensation from them, not MS. Hold the correct party responsible for this.

Sorry this didn't help.

(re-post of my post on other thread of same topic)

Hi every one I phoned Xbox 30/10/11  was told it could be 30 days or more for investergation and refund went the bank today and reported the fraud I get home this evening check my bank and they have refunded me the same day. I can't beleve it the bankers have done good for a change. so my advice if your have had your bank account debited by this hacking go see your bank but they will get you to cut up your card and get a new one. Good Luck everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

The my bank did the same thing for me but ended up taking the funds back from me a couple months later because the billing department at Microsoft wouldn't confirm that the charges were actually unauthorized. If I were you I'd expect that to happen. You're most likely going to have to find a way to get a direct refund from Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.