Irretrievable password from parent email address means I have to just accept my Xbox Live Account is lost?

Me, and my parent have no idea what the password is to this extremely old email address which I used when I first signed up to Xbox Live roughly 5 years ago. Now I can't accept the Terms of Use, and so I can't access Xbox Live on it, and I can't change the account to an adult one even though I am 19.

I've spent the past two weeks talking to Xbox Customer Support and the only answers their giving me are the same ones, "try resetting the password". I simply can't reset it due to a lack of information, no matter how many times I try, it always fails. I've been linked to this SMS website ( https://sms.live.com/ ) which NEVER works for me, it always gives me an error saying try again later. I've tried talking to the Microsoft Live team, but they say just the same thing as Xbox Support, which is to try the reset password option.

What I don't understand is how Xbox does not have the ability to change some ones Xbox account from minor to adult for them. It's obviously my account since I'm logged into it right now, and I know all the emails connected to it. This would fix all the problems I have with the account and then can continue to use it.

According to the phone support I just have to "accept it's lost" and create a new account. Meaning I loose all my progress on every game I've played, I loose all the hours I put into those games to unlock special avatars, and in-game unlockables (such as Call of Duty weapons, and Halo armors) and not only that, I loose all the ranks I've made which would take years to get back.

Is there no other way to get my account back?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Danny, I'm so sorry to tell you the unfortunate truth in what Xbox support has been telling you for the past couple of weeks. If there is no way for you to get your password back, then I'm obliged to say that yes, you must make a brand new account! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.