Irrational Games shuts down...does this mean another "Auction off of their IPs?"

If so, this could be good for having more "Exclusive" franchises come to the broader audience of both consoles.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What games have Irrational Games got? I've actually never heard of them.

Also, I'm not really all that bothered about Exclusives being shared. I'll be buying all the consoles of this generation at some point and I'll just buy games on the console I feel they suit better. The only problem I ever really have with the same game on multiple platforms is that my friends won't all buy for one system so I'll have to choose what to play on.

In the press release Ken Levine said that he is handing the Bioshock franchise to 2K.www.irrationalgames.com

Irrational games don't make exclusives anyway.

I think I was thinking of Naught Dog or something..but either way, hopefully 2K will continue the level of quality that's expected in those IPs...(not 100% faith but you have to still hope)

Bioshock was an exclusive until recently btw...

Bioshock 1 was an exclusive for a little over a year. Neither of its sequels were exclusives.

Bioshock 2 was a 2k developed game and not a Ken Levine Bioshock in reality.  I never bothered with it as Bioshock 1 was a masterpiece. So if you like that game than all is well, me I'm not sure.

Sucks.  Bioshock won't be the same.

It sure won't. But I look forward to see what ken comes up with next.

Well that's a bummer.  I liked the Bioshock series of games, and liked those who made it into what it is (aside from Bioshock 2).  I wish them the best in their endeavors.  Hopefully 2K will continue the good work that Irrational started.