iPlayer today kiddies.

The BBC iPlayer launches on Xbox today, meaning you'll be able to watch the likes of Doctor Who, Top Gear and Eastenders on the Microsoft made console.

The application will roll out throughout the course of the day. It is expected to be available for all UK users by the end of Tuesday, 20th March.

Microsoft demoed the new app to press at a media briefing in London yesterday, showing how the standard iPlayer interface has been built with Microsoft's Metro user interface design and Kinect integration in mind. Screenshots of the app are below.

If you have Kinect, you can navigate the iPlayer by waving your hand about or by using your voice. The app outputs in high definition, too, which you can enable from within iPlayer.

In keeping with the BBC's role as a public service broadcaster, the iPlayer is free to all Xbox 360 users - Gold and Free (formerly Silver). The BBC is the only UK content provider to make its programmes free to all 360 users in the UK.

The iPlayer is now on all three major home consoles: the PlayStation 3, the Wii and the Xbox 360. On Xbox it joins Sky, Channel 4, Channel 5, Netflix, Lovefilm, Blinkbox, MSN and YouTube, among other non-gaming apps.

Source

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

About time!

Heard the runour last week on Eurogamer, but glad to see its finally making an appearance.

Cheers for sharing mate!

I JUST WET MYSELF !!!

man perfect timing for my attempt to break into comedy writing with my first submission to newsjack

HD too, according to that piece's screenshots. Sweet.

Nice :D, cheers Piztup I have been waiting for news about this...

At the end of the 360's life we get BBCi player, Something that has been on my Wii console for a very long time, Better late than never I suppose.

Grand prix in HD for free on my telly (well the free to air races anyway). Can't wait. Shame it's the only HD tv catchup service the 360 has.

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

About time!

Heard the runour last week on Eurogamer, but glad to see its finally making an appearance.

Cheers for sharing mate!

[/quote]  Haha, i knew it would make you happy sir!!!!

Its available now in the Apps section. Cue mad rush!!!!!  

I'm fine with the American netflix