IP flooders

*this was meant to be a way to contact you, not go on the forums*

Hello Enforcement team. I was playing Xbox today and i was in a party with my friends: Uzuza , JCM Practicali , Gibby Slays , and Me, HardScopingHero .

Someone named' Accouchments 'joined the party, talked trash, threatened to shut our modems down and invited his friend ,' Always DDoS ' who then Joined the party. Accouchments was telling Always DDoS that he would give him God Mode on Black Ops if he kicked us offline.Then they were telling each other IP's and they were kicking us all offline. I wasn't able to get back on for another hour and i was even talking to a support agent who troubleshot with me and referred me to here. If someone with the Gamertag " Always DDoS " Isn't suspicious in the first place, i don't know what is. For the sake of my friends and I along with other Xbox Users, i bring this to you. This is not a lie and I hope you can consider how frustrating this was for me. 

EDIT: Clarified.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hey mate, in these situations the best thing to do is report the player through the console. This is the only way the XBLPET will look into the account: support.xbox.com/.../file-player-complaint  

-

Also if you get DDoS the best thing to do is unplug the router for a good 5 minutes. This should ensure you get a new IP address when you plug it back in. See here for more info on DDoS attacks: support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well they werent on my friends list and my friend deleted them afterwards

Sorry this didn't help.

You did the right thing by removing these players but there are some things which you can do to protect yourself.

Most routers have DoS protection settings so it's worth checking your routers manual to see how to turn these on.

Initiating a DDoS attack requires a great deal of resources and criminal-level access to a great deal of machines so most threats of DDoS attacks are just that, just words. Make sure you are careful about who you add to your friends list, keep your password secret and make sure you have turned on two-factor authentication at https://account.live.com.

Sorry this didn't help.