IP Flooder!

Contacted MS Support & was told to post this matter on the forums.

Game: Gears of War 
Subject: IP Flooding

Played a match on Gears of War with my fiancée, met  a person going by the GT: [Mod Removed]

Shortly after he got mad & made threats about ''kicking offline'', he left the game & ''kicked'' my fiancée offline. 

Beware of this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there, what you'll need to do to appropriately handle someone who has initiated a DoS attack against you is to file a complaint, block communications and contact your ISP.

You've been misdirected by phone support, there's a no 'name and shame' policy on the Xbox forums, they're not monitored by the Policy Enforcement Team outside of the suspension/console ban forums.

Good luck going forward. 

[quote user="Mad Cow Dizease"]You've been misdirected by phone support, there's a no 'name and shame' policy on the Xbox forums.[/quote]

While I do agree with the fact that someone shouldn't be named and shamed here, I actually can't find that policy anywhere on here.  The closest thing I could find in the Xbox Forum Guidelines was this entry:

[quote]You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number, credit card or sensitive log-in information. Furthermore, if any user asks you for personal information, such as the information detailed above, do not provide it.[/quote] 

That doesn't actually mention anything about giving someone's gamertag.

Maybe the "name and shame" rule is located elsewhere.  If so, maybe you could point it out. 

Please notice the MOD REMOVED  in some topics or, the forum rules... Please stay calm and focus on the issue.   Check out the FAQ.....  DDOS attack advice is also availible......  MADCOW has covered this already.   GOOD LUCK!!!!

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

[quote user="Mad Cow Dizease"]You've been misdirected by phone support, there's a no 'name and shame' policy on the Xbox forums.[/quote]

While I do agree with the fact that someone shouldn't be named and shamed here, I actually can't find that policy anywhere on here.  The closest thing I could find in the Xbox Forum Guidelines was this entry:

[quote]You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number, credit card or sensitive log-in information. Furthermore, if any user asks you for personal information, such as the information detailed above, do not provide it.[/quote] 

That doesn't actually mention anything about giving someone's gamertag.

Maybe the "name and shame" rule is located elsewhere.  If so, maybe you could point it out. 

[/quote]Hey Zen, there was/were posts in the now defunct Xbox 360 Support forum 11 which detailed naming and shaming to be a forum violation. I also found aka Scratch use it as an example in his "How to File a Forum Report" announcement.

[quote]

• Naming and Shaming
    • You cannot name other gamertags or call them out publicly on the forums regardless of their crime on Xbox Live

[/quote]

Perhaps the forum violations announcement should be updated.

You should not post anyones personal information including but not limited to name...etc..etc...    That alone is grounds for name and shame.  The guidlines  refered to above answers the question.... Pleases stay on topic as the OP was possibly DDosed

Thanks to Mad Cow for bringing it to me and to Zen for pointing out the gap.  It was there in the report thing and falls under the personal information but I agree it's probably not clear enough so I've updated the guidelines to reflect that a little better.  Thanks guys.

To the OP sorry for the misunderstanding.  Mad Cow's suggestion is the best course of action to get it sorted out and no worries on the name and shame.  Thanks!