Ip blocking accounts

Hello i was just on the phone with xbox live for about 20 mins and this is where they said I should come to post for the "xbox live enforcement team" to read this.

Last night while playing Cod I had a person named [GT Removed] - do not name and shame on the forums.  is his gamer tag Get mad and told me and a few of my cod team members hand over your clan or ill band you. We told him to get lost and kicked him from my party. After that in about 5 mins I got kicked off xbox live. I then went online and was reading about IP blocking. I restarted my modem which got my a new ip after about 20 mins. He then messaged me saying he was doing it. For the Xbox live team i still have the messages please go look.

For that being said and done. I really have to say for someone who has had a live membership for over 10 years and now pays for a family pass. Im really sad and upset that me paying for live some child can hack thur my xbox just because I have a pulic ip address. I shouldnt have to worry about this when I play on live. I pay for it because I know ps3 is open and doesnt secure there online much. But what am I paying for when this could happen to me on live.

Im not trying to be rude im just upset this could happen. 

This person isn't hacking Xbox Live. He's using software on a PC to see what IP's he was connected to. Once he has the IP he can kick you off of the service using a ddos attack.

The only thing you can do is to disconnect your internet for a little bit and then reconnect so that you obtain a new IP (auto settings)

More info here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The best way to report a person is via the xbox controls, have you done that yet? You can find out how to do that here. support.xbox.com/.../file-player-complaint.

Did you call your ISP about the issue as well, as they can help you stop it happening if he continues. I assume what they were doing was a denial of service attack, take a look at this FAQ if you haven't already support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you get attacked with a DDos

en.wikipedia.org/.../Denial-of-service_attack

If you get a new IP it should not happen again. If you go in a party with someone it´s easy to get your IP. If you get a new IP after 20 Minutes and don´t go in a party with your attacker he can´t know your new IP. Microsoft can´t do anything against it, because he floods your connection not over xbox live.

You should tell your ISP that you think that you got DDosed. Your ISP can see and block it ! Also I hope this kid get banned - and not only his gamertag but also his xbox in general !

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]

Also I hope this kid get banned - and not only his gamertag but also his xbox in general !

[/quote]

QFT!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="BiggWhite01"]Im really sad and upset that me paying for live some child can hack thur my xbox just because I have a pulic ip address. I shouldnt have to worry about this when I play on live.[/quote]This has nothing to do with LIVE. Most online gaming applications today are based on Peer to Peer (P2P) communication which enables two clients to communicate directly to one or the others public endpoints (NAT's public IP addresses and public port numbers). These well-known servers will only help to establishing a UDP session between you two because initially, your NAT does not know how to communicate with another NAT on a private netowork and vice versa. When the server is done assisting an establishing UDP session a first UDP packet can be sent from both endpoints in a new outgoing session. When the first messages has crossed your respective NAT's, holes are now being open in each direction and UDP communication is done directly to your respective NAT's public endpoints.

The impossible just takes a little longer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this was posted 5 years ago but who cares. He must have DDoSed you. I bet XBLPET have taken care of him by now.

THANKS!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 2,845 Applies to: