My X Box is showing the same IP address as my home PC and consequently there is an IP address conflict. Can anyone advise how to remove the IP address that my lad installed on the X Box without my knowledge.
change last number you have in the IP address.
for example if your PC IP address is 192.168.1.12, pu in the console 192.168.1.13
Enter subnetmask & default gateway exactly as it is on your PC.
To set your Xbox 360 console’s IP settings
1. On your console, go to My Xbox , and then select System Settings .
2. Select Network Settings .
3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Configure Network .
5. On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings .
6. Select Manual .
7. Select IP Address .
8. Enter the unique IP address that you made up, and then select Done .
9. Select Subnet Mask , enter your computer’s subnet mask, and then select Done .
10. Select Gateway , enter your computer’s default gateway, and then select Done .
11. Select Done .
12. Press B on your controller and then test your connection again.
hope this helps
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.