IP Address Error.

Every time I turn off my console and turn it back on, it says that there is an IP address error. I have to unplug the router for 30 seconds and plug it back in. How can I stop it from disconnecting every time I turn it off?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello

Error: Can't connect using a static IP address

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/error-cant-connect-using-static-ip-address-978975

Reset network settings to the defaults

Note Before you reset the Xbox 360 console's network settings, make sure that you write down the current settings in case you have to restore them later. If you are using a secured wireless network, you will also need your wireless network password. 

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if you are using an adapter).
  3. Turn on your console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults

Note This resets only the network settings and does not change other console settings.
  9. Turn off your console.
  10. Wireless connection only: Plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter back into the USB port (if you are using an adapter).
  11. Turn on your console.

Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
  12. Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.