IO Interactive Could Revive Freedom Fighters After Hitman

Remember Freedom Fighters? IO Interactive's squad-based shooter that had you adopting the role of plumber Christopher Stone as he recruits new members to the American Resistance in a Soviet-occupied New York City. Back in 2003, Freedom Fighters was widely lauded by the critics upon its release on Xbox, but since then there's been scant news of a sequel.

With IO Interactive currently working on Hitman: Absolution, the developer has affirmed that for the time being, Agent 47 remains the core focus, but the studio could be "interested" in reviving the fantastic Freedom Fighters once the next Hitman is in the can, so to speak.

"It's definitely something a lot of us are interested in doing. But right now, the focus is on Hitman: Absolution," tweeted IO Interactive in response to someone asking whether Freedom Fighters would ever return. So, if you're one of the many people who has been wondering what the hell ever happened to Freedom Fighters, don't give up hope! It could come back some day.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

cool i loved that game i think i finished it a few times on the pc. it would be could to see it return

I wish they would release Freedom Fighters on the marketplace

I wish they'd release Freedom Force.

Now that would be worth the money.