Invalid Parental E-mail on Child account

My daughter created an account two years ago and misspelled our e-mail. Now she wants to use her account to play with her friends on the internet. To do this, XBOX asks us to accept the terms of use. The misspelled parental e-mail she entered is an actual Windows Live ID which we have no access to. We can't accept the terms of use agreement until we can sign-in with this stranger's Windows Live ID. We can't access the account information to change the parental e-mail until we accept terms of use. Interesting to note that Microsoft doesn't care what you enter for a parental e-mail and does not even have it validated in any way whatsover but now that we need to change it, they are demanding we use this unvalidated, invalid e-mail address of some stranger to give permission to our daughter to use her own account. What kind of security is that?

Anyone know how to change the parental e-mail so my daughter doesn't lose all her advancements, etc.?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Really? You're going to blame MS for your daughter spelling your e-mail address wrong? If she was a minor, under 13, when she set up her account then one of her parents should have been there to supervise the process. (This is explained in the XBL Terms of Service that one or both of her parents would have had to read and explain to her since she was a minor) 

The following link should help you change the e-mail address associated with your daughters account.

I'd like to ask, how do you know it is a strangers e-mail account? Just because she misspelled it doesn't mean anyone actually owns/uses it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry just realized I never gave the link: Managing my Windows LIVE ID (WLID)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.