Internet Tampering ?

I received a message following a game after I had left the lobby  from a player "ILL 5tatu5" (one that was actually on my team) stating that he and others had turned me in for Tampering based on "Internet Tampering".  He based his allegation on the fact (or he claims to be a fact) that my internet connection had full bars during the games that I played with him during several games, I was the only one with full bars, and that he was lagging.  It doesn't make sense to me that all though I do pay $144 a month for Cable/Internet monthly that my Internet connection being better than those in my lobby would lead others to believe I was cheating & furthermore, how could my Internet connection have an impact on others playing?  I don't even understand the concept, I had a fairly polite "text" back & forth conversation with him trying to understand what exactly his complaint was?  Could someone who is actually knowledgeable and not guessing giving me and answer to this.  I feel that he was just a sore loser but, I hate that younger individuals who have no idea what defamation and libel are making false allegations about others.  I guess a little later on in life they will come to understand that their decisions actually have consequences.... 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

What he is complaining about is the lag he was having.

Internet tampering is the use of a lag switch or other computer to time out players.

If his connection was that bad, he should have jumped into another game.

If you did nothing wrong there will be no problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

He didn't accuse me of using a lag switch (which I don't have regardless-he never even used the term lag switch), I have seen others lag switch across the screen and it is annoying shooting at someone and then watch them have them reappear in another area of the screen.    He just said that he lagged & my internet was too good....but, I haven't really ever had my internet lag due to someone else's actions, sometimes when you have a crappy host but, I never made a connection between a lag switch and my game having lag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.