Internet shut off by other Xbox Live player.

I was playing GTA Online when GT : [Mod Removed] stated he would shut my internet off in five minutes and i would not be able to connect. In about five minutes low and behold my internet shut off and was off for about twenty minutes while i let everything reset. I called xbox support and they told me to report him on console and on here. So i'm doing it. Feel free to email me preferably.

Mod Edit: Please do not name and shame on the forums. Thank you.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

You need to report it to your ISP.

Support were wrong to send you here,as usual.

They told me the same thing about someone saying they were going to hack my account so am i screwed

[quote user="thatmextc"]

They told me the same thing about someone saying they were going to hack my account so am i screwed

[/quote]No one is able to access your account unless you explicitly give them your account log-in information. Report and block these users.

While you have control of your account, go to account.live.com and click Security Info.  Make sure all your backup information is up-to-date and verified, as the information here will be crucial if you ever are, for any reason, locked out of your account.  Among the tools at your disposal is a new feature called Recovery Code, which you can set up as a skeleton key to get you back into your account if anything ever happens to all of your other backup information.  So if your emails all go belly-up, and your phone number takes a dirt nap, and you have no other way of recovering your account, open up your safe and remove the Recovery Code you printed out, and use it to crack open the account and reset your security stuff.  Marvelous!  account.live.com/proofs

It's amazing how many people believe that hacking your XBOX account is a thing......  

It is amazing how many people get the terminology wrong.