Internet connection problem

Goodmorning

Sorry for bothering with this unpleasant problem, but i bought the xbox live for a month and i have problems connecting to internet. So, i have a Machintosh and i use to connect with the ethernet cable the incoming wifi internet that is in another room. I set up all the DNS and ip (manually) correctly, i'm sure of this because i played succesfully, the only problem is that once in a while when i try to connect to xbox live, it says there is a problem with the DNS (that putting them manually is giving some problems).. i don't understand how that is possible since i managed to play even yesterday, but today i have the same problem, after a while it seems to fix but i really don't wanna wait days for this problem. Is there anything i can do? thanks and sorry again for the bother

GuessedPumpkin

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thanks for following up, Guessed. To confirm, did you try the steps in the support article Hellspawn linked as well? Can you please take a look at this sticky and fill out your responses to the question in bold at the bottom of the page for us? forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. That would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i tried what you said but it still gives me then same problems, after 2-3 hours it worked but now its stuck again and it doesnt let me connect..

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Guessed! Can you try using a public DNS and let us know if the problem persists? Here are the steps to do this:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

2. Select Network Settings.

3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.

4. Select Configure Network.

5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.

6. Select Manual.

7. Select Primary DNS Server.

8. Enter 4.2.2.1, then select Done.

9. Select Secondary DNS Server.

10. Enter 4.2.2.2, then select Done.

11. Select Done again.

12. Press the B button on your controller, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

*Make sure you disable Port Forwarding and leave UPnP enabled.

Give it a shot and let me know if you notice a difference. Standing by!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello GuessedPumpkin7.

if it your Dns please click this link for a guide--->support.xbox.com/.../error-your-dns-server-cant-resolve-978847

If its not Dns you might need to open some ports or open NAT,this link will guide you step by step in doing such

forums.xbox.com/.../7448.aspx

I hope these will help.

Sorry this didn't help.