Internet browser.

Is there a way to browse the internet from the Xbox 360 console that doesn't require any mods or anything that Microsoft wouldn't frown upon? If this has already been asked please forgive me I am using my phone to do this, and thanks for input anyone has to offer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The fall update will bring bing to xbox as of now though their is no way to browse teh internets on your xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The answer is no, there won't be a internet browser.  Link.

Sorry this didn't help.

There never has been nor will there likely be an internet browser on the Xbox 360 and any talk of one is purely speculative.

Sorry this didn't help.

i think this well change, as they are bringing "bing" to xbox, clearly they could have just called it kinect search or something like that, but by calling it BING of all things and knowing bing is a web based search engine then i think they might sneek it in. and i wouldn't be surprised if they have a kinect way of searching around, and using chat pad as a keyboard. the thing is that xbox is closing the gap on what makes it a entertainment device. and that is still a key element since every other device has it, you can say its not a good experience. but it is. its how can use IE9 that well pull that together.   wii, ps3, 3DS, DSi, PSP, PSvita all have one. so clearly who ever is saying that is cheeting every one out of a web browser cus they dont like it them selfs. but IE9 with flash/HTML5 needs to come to xbox 360 and every system after.

""lets make sure the musics loud enough we wont even hear it END""

Sorry this didn't help.

its sad, cus every MS system has one, windows phone, zuneHD, windows, why wouldent their be IE9 for xbox? they better bring it with the 2011 fall update.

""lets make sure the musics loud enough we wont even hear it END""

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="WiLdeBEast18"]

Is there a way to browse the internet from the Xbox 360 console that doesn't require any mods or anything that Microsoft wouldn't frown upon? If this has already been asked please forgive me I am using my phone to do this, and thanks for input anyone has to offer.

[/quote]It depends on what operating system you are running on your PC.

There is a plugin for those which are able to run Media Centre  which lets you access a browser through Media Centre on your 360.

Of course to do this you would need to have your PC on, which given the case you would be just as well off getting up and walking to the computer.

Sorry this didn't help.