Intermittent disconnects from Xbox Live

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Norway, Sogn og Fjordane.
Modem brand & model number: Router is plugged directly into the wall.
Router brand & model number: ZyXEL P-2812HNU-F3.
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Wireless, tried both white and black external adapters.
Things you have tried: Resetting the router to factory defaults, resetting the console's network settings to factory default, connecting/reconnecting to the wireless network, several troubleshooting suggestions on the Xbox Support pages.
Is UPnP Enabled? I have tried both enabling and disabling it.
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No.
Any Error Codes you encounter: None.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Telenor.
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-4840
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 8015-1004
Q: 8015-1004
T: Wireless
D: 10.0.0.10/255.255.255.0
S: 10.0.0.138
C: 130.67.15.198, 193.213.112.4

We recently upgraded our Internet connection in the house, and because of this we had to get a new router(installed around the 20th of February). Friday(23rd of March) was the first time since we changed the router that I used my Xbox, and I was disconnected almost immediately. Despite trying to reconnect several times, the problem would not go away. The longest I could stay connected was around five minutes. This was with a white wireless adapter. The following day, Saturday, I tried using my brother's black wireless adapter, and noticed an instant improvement; I stayed connected the entire night, no issues whatsoever. However, on Sunday, the problem was back. The longest I managed to stay connected was around 30 minutes once, but otherwise the disconnect happened more or less instantly after reconnecting.

At first I thought it was because of the router and/or my wireless adapter(being that it is well over three years old), but I quickly dismissed that theory after having tested with my brother's Xbox, and he can stay connected just fine(which is also the case when I tested my white adapter on his Xbox). I have tried resetting the router numerous times, resetting the Xbox, unplugging(and leaving them unplugged for a while) every cable(be it power cords or otherwise) connected to both the router and the Xbox, enabling and disabling UPnP, and changing wireless channels, all to no avail. I have, however, confirmed that everything seems to be working fine if I use a cable, but due to the router's placement, that is not a possible permanent solution. I also highly doubt it could be because of a weak signal, seeing as my brother's Xbox is placed much further away from the router than mine is. I have tried getting my head around this problem for days, and I have now run out of ideas. The one theory I have left now is that maybe the USB port is shot, seeing as changing wireless adapters does not help, but using a cable is seemingly OK. I am hoping there are some brilliant minds out there that can figure out what is causing this, and if there is a fix for it.

Thank you very much for your time.

---

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It also should be noted, and I have no idea how to explain this, that whenever I try to use the white adapter on my console, it appears to make the network in the entire house unstable. Sometimes it even goes down completely, and is back up in around 90 seconds. This problem goes away a little while after the white adapter is unplugged.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you can try setting your xbox 360's LAN IP to static, this can be done by writing down your xbox 360's "IP Settings" and "DNS Settings" and entering them back in under "manual" instead of "automatic", if that doesnt work raise your MTU size up to 1500 if its set to anything lower than 1492 or "default" by logging into your router from a PC on your LAN

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried changing the IP and DNS settings to manual, and first impressions are that things have improved. I disconnected a couple of times after a few minutes, but the third time around I managed to stay connected for a longer period of time(close to an hour, and still going strong, at the moment of this post). I will keep on re-connecting if I disconnect to see if things improve on average. As far as changing the MTU size goes, I cannot for the life of me find out how to do so, even after lots of Google and meticulous searching through my router's settings. I may well be blind, but it would not be the first time.

Your input is highly appreciated, thank you kindly.

---

Sorry this didn't help.

Halloj Hyphens!
It is called IP Packet Length.
Click Add new Classifier in the Class Setup screen or the Edit icon next to an existing classifier to configure it.

Lycka till! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Update on Syko Shock's suggestion: By manually entering the IP and DNS settings, I managed to stay connected for four hours straight, only interrupted by me actually shutting off my Xbox for the night. Today, however, I cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes, tops. Also, I still cannot find anything concerning neither MTU nor IP Packet Length when looking at my router's settings pages. On a lighter note though, I am, at the moment, connected to Xbox Live through a wireless signal broadcasting from my laptop. I am just hoping it will hold. I really appreciate the input from you guys. I will return with an update tomorrow! Thanks again for your time.

---

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: It does indeed seem like staying connected through my laptop has solved the issue for now. I have not had a single issue with it for the two days I have had it running. Why I can stay connected through wireless this way though, and not through conventional means, is beyond me, but I will not be one to complain! Thanks a lot for your inputs and time spent pondering the problem. It is appreciated.

---

Sorry this didn't help.