Intermitant fault when signing in to xbox live on my console

Hello! I have had an ongoing problem when signing in to xbox live via my 360 console. When I click my avatar the xbox will say signing in as normal, but this is when things go a little strange. I will either get a status code 8b01008 and not get signed in or I will get the notification banner telling how many friends are online then get the white box saying signing in again. To avoid this I now have to test my connection before signing in every time which is highly annoying! I have tried resetting my router and modem which doesn't work I also have tried port forwarding as per the advice of xbox support this made matters worse. Can anyone please help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello Jonny! Wow, that does certainly sound frustrating! I have a few steps we can try before we get into more in depth configuration troubleshooting. First, are you able to try a direct wired connect from your console to your modem, bypassing your router completely? This would just be to test your network - if you are able to sign in normally connected as such, then the issue would be a router configuration issue, and that would greatly help us determine proper steps to resolve this. Let us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.