Interesting Dilema. My Account Vanishes.

About 9 months ago, my XBox LIVE Account (Which I am currently using to post this thread) started glitching slightly. At first, my gamer picture wouldn't load. That isn't a big deal to me. The next time, my avatar didn't load either. OK. The next time I signed on, all cosmetic information was missing. My Avatar, gamer picture, dashboard theme, achievement progress, and the ability to gain achievements also went away.

This problem was solved by recovering my account onto the same XBox 360 console.

This happened twice more. Once in July, and once in October. In these cases, however, my Xbox claimed that account sign-in and recovery services were unavailable. I tried all of the quick-fixes offered in Microsoft's Q&A, and none of them worked.

These occurrences were solved by recovering my account onto my brother's console, and then moved back onto mine via Transfer Cable.

This time is a different story. After fixing this problem yesterday, my account instantly reverted to its pre-fix problems. When I turned on my xbox today to play, it just disappeared altogether. This is irritating, as I made another account in case this one went down, but with the release of games such as EA Sports NHL 12 and Battlefield 3, which have one-time online subscription prices of $10, I'd have to pay extra money to lose my 5-year-old gamer tag and all of its data just to have a working account.

Any and all help is welcome. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go into the memory section of system settings on your console. Find your GT on whichever storage device you saved it too and check to see if there's exclamation point next to it. If there is then we know your GT is just corrupting itself for some reason instead of disappearing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can also try moving (not copying) your profile to another storage device (USB) and removing it completely from the console. Then clear your system cache and recover from scratch. Does this help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.