interesting article on ps4 vs x1 and brand loyalty

"But the vitriol, idiocy and the combination of the two is where the Sony vs. Microsoft console wars (and many other matchups like COD vs. BF, hardcore vs. casual and so on) start to look incredibly silly to both insiders and outsiders."

-

" It’s almost work to try and find enough differences between the consoles to argue about now, though many are willing to put in the effort."

-

source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/12/ps4-vs-xbox-one-avoiding-another-decade-of-brand-loyalty-madness/?partner=yahootix

-

it really should be mandatory reading for all ps4 and x1 supporters. i mean the article has flaws, but its one of the best summations of the whole fanboy/loyalty phenomena ive seen this generation.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Great post @skis01, this should be stickied on top of the forum. this should be a prerequisite read before you join any general gaming forums like SonyGAF....er...Neogaf.

Dead on !

Good read

This is common sense to any rational thinking person. It's why I find such humor in it all.

There are some fundamental issues in the very beginning that flaw the premiss of it. So I kinda stopped reading.

The other thing is, has anybody stopped to think that we are freaking out about video games?? I work for a cable company and deal with a wide variety of complaints and rants, but at the end of the day it's JUST CABLE. Your grandma didn't die, your car didn't get totalled, and your house didn't get blown away. Stop putting so much brain power into something that isn't going to matter to you in 3 weeks.

[quote user="xDARKGUITARISTx"]

The other thing is, has anybody stopped to think that we are freaking out about video games??

[/quote]Pretty much all the time. Games use to be what's important. Now it's "wining" an argument over the internet about 720p.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="xDARKGUITARISTx"]

The other thing is, has anybody stopped to think that we are freaking out about video games??

[/quote]Pretty much all the time. Games use to be what's important. Now it's "wining" an argument over the internet about 720p.

[/quote]

Or an article that someone posted ..

About 720p, kotaku has an article up about the framerate not holding steady on COD when playing Ps4. Seems that alot are complaining about it on the PS4 version

Great article. I don't see the point of the whole Microsoft vs. Sony war. Never have from the start. Maybe it's to justify the purchase of one or the other's products?