Instant Start up Issue

Ok my problem has a few progressions so Im going to start from the beginning.

I first had this issue about a week ago when I started my xbox up in instant mode. The dashboard loads fine but my kinect keeps disconnecting then reconnecting. My control pad doesn't work either. So I contacted Xbox and was told to update my pads by plugging in a mini USB. This had no effect. I was then told to do a hard restart. This also had no effect. I unplugged the xbox and started from scratch. This worked fine but again after a day or two my xbox locked up with kinect disconnecting and reconnecting.

I disconnect the kinect sensor to see if this was the issue. Two days later the same thing happened again. Iv done a bit of research on the internet and it seems that the xbox fills its memory whilst in instant mode which causes the xbox to crash or shut down specific functions.

Therefore I have performed a factory reset and have now set my xbox to energy saving mode. Hopefully xbox will sort this out once windows 10 goes live but for now I will be sticking with Energy Saving Mode. If I have anymore issue i will keep this post updated :) If anyone has a similar issue feel free to post here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm having the kinect disconnecting then reconnecting issue, bought on by the update back in March. I've allways had my system in power save mode. Anyway I've more or less  tried all the trouble shoots, power cycle, unplug, factory reset etc, kinect still switches of and on. I'm getting pretty fed up with this console tbh as I've had a number of software related issues in the past and had to swap out a previous xbox one as it kept powering on by itself even in rest mode. On top of this I'm pretty sure I'm out of my warranty and I have no idea if the issue is software,  kinect or console related.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Super Spuddage, thankyou kindly for your tips! Is always great when people share this knowledge, as hopefully it will help someone else down the track!

@Hylander, To be honest, I think it is a software issue, what makes me think this is the fact that it started occuring after a software update. I know the team are looking into this, so hopefully there will be a fix soon. In the meantime, please feel free to create your own thread so that we assist further if we or the support team are able :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.