Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

Got my console set to instant on mode and can switch it off with the voice command. And if I go back to it within an hour or so, the power brick light is still white and I can switch it on as normal.

However, if I leave it for a few hours or overnight, the power brick light will have turned orange and I have to switch on the console using the power button on the front. The console then does a full power up with the green Xbox One screen etc.

When I'm using the console it stays switched on and I have no issues at all so I'm puzzled. I've just done a hard reset to see how it goes, but I'm not hopeful.

I tried contacting MS support via the online chat option. But they just kept saying an orange light was normal and it was all normal behavior, which it obviously isn't! I just couldn't get them to understand and they just pointed me to the MS page showing what the power brick lights meant :( Not good! Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

Edit: (you can't edit the original posts?) I should add that I have checked all the connections. There are no heat issues, and the power brick isn't connected to a power strip - it is plugged into its own socket.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you found a fox for this

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.