Instant on, game resume

Hi, before this march update, I used to be able to play a game, just turn the xbox one off, go do something and come back, then turn it back on and bang, right back where I left off, same for forza 5, bf4, and ryse.  But now every time I do that, even if I've got the resume games quickly box ticked or not , the games just act like I've just put the disk in,  has any one else had this issue, quite frustrating because it worked so well.

cheers 

ian

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 548 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im having same problem, before march update it was working fine and now it wont work.  Even talked to support, and they didnt know how to fix it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem here. Quick resume was quickly becoming my favorite feature & it worked fine before the latest update. Now It never works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, but only for some games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a problem with it recognizing my Samsung TV as well. Hard reset in energy saver mode and unplug everything for about 5 minutes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem and it's really starting to frustrate me! I have tried it with dead rising 3 and rayman, both on disc and the games won't resume quickly after powering off but when I tried it with Forza which I have digitally, that quickly resumed after powering off, I'm not sure if it just disc based games that are having the issues with quick resume. Also everything worked fine before the update!

Sorry this didn't help.

I started to experience these issues after the March update.

I'm becoming rather disillusioned with my Xbox One purchase. Having paid this amount of money I want my investment to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

The resume quickly feature has been broken for me as well since the March update.  I only have one game -- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.  I also have limited time to play it -- 15 minutes here, 30 there, and that quick resume was a life saver!  Now that it's gone, I'm quite irritated.

I used to look forward to system updates on the Xbox 360.  So far on the Xbox One, updates are something I worry about when they are announced.  It's like "What's going to break this time?"  Seriously, the previous update broke my ability to say "Yes" after saying "Xbox Turn Off".  Now that feature is working again but I can't resume my game in progress.  Ugh.

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke to a xbox support rep yesterday regarding this and we went through a few steps to try and fix it but to no avail, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't fix it, The rep said he was going to raise the issue so someone higher up could look into it and hopefully sort it out, the guy I was chatting with couldn't have been more helpful and he tried everything he could to help me and seemed genuinely disappointed when we couldn't sort it. I also tried quick resume with fifa which I have on disc and that worked so I think it must be down to certain games.

Sorry this didn't help.

I get more problems with FIFA than anything else. They really *** up badly on the XBox One. There are basic functions missing that should have been in the initial release.

If I knew back when I bought it what I know now I wouldn't have invested the money just yet.

Sorry this didn't help.