Installing Wireless

I am trying to connect to XBox Live through a wireless connection because the ethernet cable is an eyesore in my house. I bought adaptors to set up a wireless connection between my DSL and my XBox. One adaptor is connected to my router and the other to my console. When I try to log on, I receive an error message stating that I have an ethernet connection in my console. The only "ethernet" connection I have is the wireless adaptor I plugged in to go wireless. Am I missing something? Shouldn't an adaptor be connected to my DSL and console??? I am going crazy trying to figure this out!!!! Hellllllllp!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello, what do you mean one adapter is connected to your router, essentially it should work like this. PC > Ethernet Cable from the back of the PC to the back of the router under the Internet port. And then a Microsoft XBOX Live Wireless Adapter into the back of your XBOX 360. Then go to My XBOX > System Settings > Network Settings > (making sure your Ethernet cord is unplugged from the back of your XBOX 360) select your Wireless SSID and press A > Proceed to enter in a password if you set one up for your router otherwise it should connect and prompt you to test your connection. These steps assume that you are using a Wireless Router that is compatible with XBOX Live and an official XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter for your console. For further help, please take a look at this guide on the XBOX Support website: support.xbox.com/.../default.aspx - Select Wireless Connection. Hope this helps you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You should be able to use an Ethernet-connected WiFi adapter with your Xbox 360, but it needs to connect to a WiFi network established by a WiFi router connected to your DSL "modem". (And you might have to configure the adapter on a computer, since the 360 won't have any way to configure it.)

You should take your issue to the "
Connecting to Xbox Live" forum, and include the details of the adapters you're using. If the adapter you're attaching to your DSL modem is the same as the one on the console, that's probably another "client" adapter (bridge) and not a WiFi router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.