Installing System Update

I'm trying to update my Xbox360 Elite to the most recent dashboard update 2.0.16202; I keep getting an error code: 3f4a-000-3080-0502-8007-2ee2. Every time I try to install it via Xbox Live. I've tried using a USB with FAT32 formatting and the Xbox will not even register that it has the update on the device. Any help would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What is the current dashboard version you have atm?  How many storage devices you have attached?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's the thing that confuses me. It says my dashboard is using 2.0.16202 but every time I try to sign into live it makes me run the update again and I get the error. Also just my HDD and a memory card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Hatebreed! Can you also confirm if you tried downloading the update while connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cable? Sometimes that helps out. If not, could you try taking your console to another network entirely? This would help rule out the network as a possible cause. Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same issue and you are the first person I have seen with the same code as me. I have tried loading the update from USB, wireless, and now wired directly to the router. I have been on the phone almost every night since Christmas and they are telling me it could be a memory issue. Xbox (4gb) is brand new with nothing loaded at all. Anyone know how to verify if it is truly a bad memory problem? Mine shows 1.5 gb free of the total 3 gb.s available. I assume the remaining 1 gb is set aside to run the graphics etc...

Sorry this didn't help.