Installing Gow3

I install gow3 to the hdd and the disc still spins. Why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

what I noticed it that it takes a little bit of sitting on the main menu for the disc to stop.  It doesn't stop right away like other games have done for me.

As for why, no idea.

try restarting your Console, if not delete the installed game data and reinstall it

apparently its normal - got something to do with the new dvd format that allows for more space

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

apparently its normal - got something to do with the new dvd format that allows for more space

[/quote]

Yep I've read this a few times now, apparently after installing the game it will still spin for about 2 minutes then it should stop.

didnt notice it happening yesterday when I installed it and ran it

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

didnt notice it happening yesterday when I installed it and ran it

[/quote]

Mine didn't either lol unless it's because my drive is really quiet and I just didn't notice it?

using the Slim model, but never noticed anything like that, only Time I hear that noise is when I am installing a game or for some reason, if I go into the Avatar area and have a game disc in the tray it tends to go nuts but..not with what the OP is reporting

Driver San Francisco also did this and that was only 4.4 gig, new copyright protection?

It doesn't seem to do it on the slims just on the older models,i installed it on a few xbox' this week and only noticed it on the older models

Now my xbox was soooo loud before I installed it, still loud loading it up but when Its on main menu its fine :) Plus I got the slim and I was surprised