Installing game on a flash drive

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Xbox 360 4gb slim console. I will be playing one or max 2 games at a time mostly.

I have heard somewhere that with the latest updates in Xbox, you can install games on usb flash drive which can be of size 16 gb.

So i wanted to know that can i install games like maxpayne 3, call of duty, battlefield etc on a usb flash drive. I know that the dvd is required for playing the game

but still installing the games on a local drive increases the life of dvd reader lens.

Please advice me with this so that i can buy my console soon. I am asking this because the 320 gb hard disk is pretty costly in India.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Gaming :)

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2018 Views 7,768 Applies to:

www.ehow.com/how_7769880_play-games-usb-hard-drive.

here is a link, step by step on how to install games on a flash drive, hope it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi FitDaisy,

Actually the USB can be up to 32Gb is size with the latest Dashboard update. Installing your games to the USB drive is an awesome feature, I do it all the time! The flash drive needs to be formatted for use on the Xbox, and here is a link to the instructions for that: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive

The instructions above by powerisstrength will suffice for installing the game to your flash drive, and here is a link to the official Xbox.com instructions:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/manage-game-library. Instead of installing the game to your hard drive, choose the USB device instead (you will be prompted to select a device to install the game to if there is more than one device available).

Have Fun!

Sorry this didn't help.

Not all games allow you to install content to USB or internal console memory (the 4Gb Xbox 360 consoles). Games like BF3 and MoH Warfighter for example, you can not install the HD content onto a USB as it can't stream the information fast enough for the game. So trying to install the HD content will give you errors that you have no HDD to install to.

So for the full experience an Xbox 360 with internal HDD will be what you need.

Sorry this didn't help.