installing custom hard drive?

will i get banned for using a custom 320gb hard drive? i don"t want to pay $$$$ extra for a hard drive which i can install myself. The hard drive of course would have only the data my original hard drive has, no software modifications and no hacks or anything. i just want to install my games to preserve the discs.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The only Hard drives you are allowed to use with the Xbox 360 are made by Microsoft. So if you were to use a hard drive that wasn't made by Microsoft you're account could get banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

YES YOU GET BANNEND FORE THAT

Removing the old HDDs from their casing, for use in a 360 S console or other reason, is against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use, hardware tampering and modification. Modifying your hardware can lead to LIVE account suspensions and/or console bans.

In addition, discussion of this subject on the forums is against our Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, and as such may result in a suspension or ban from the forums or the Xbox LIVE service itself.

From the Terms of Use:

12.  Service Operation and Equipment.

Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="sir killalotish"]will i get banned for using a custom 320gb hard drive?[/quote]There are no authorized third party HDD accessories for the 360.

Use of unauthorized third party accessories is prohibited as per the Terms of Use.[quote]no software modifications and no hacks or anything[/quote]By definition, using a third party HDD requires "hacking".

Sorry this didn't help.

No you will not get banned. its like using a usb drive. just format it to you xbox and use it like a memory stick.

Sorry this didn't help.

From a Xbox Official Customer Support Staff:  You may use third party hardware, provided it does not function differently in any way than official Microsoft certified hardware. However, please note: use any *any* unofficial or unlicensed hardware or accessories (hard drives, etc) is at your own risk, and will void your warranty.

As a further point, any attempt to open the console or hard drive casing is a violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and may result in enforcement action, and will certainly void your warranty. The best bet is to use certified or licensed products, and never attempt to disassemble any part of the console or it's accessories.

Sorry this didn't help.