Installed games and Downloaded content barley works?

I am wondering if anyone could tell me or help me to find out the reason why when i download a demo or game addon it hardly ever works for example i downloaded the SSX demo a few days ago and it would not work it was choppy and then said Disc unreadable so i deleted it and redownloaded it today and it did the same thing. That is not the only demo that has dont that though lots of others do too. 

And also if i install a game it also does pretty much the same thing it either doesnt work any better or faster then before i installed or is much much slower or will get disc unreadable too and i cant seem to figure out why.

It also does it with DLC addons for games.

And when i download or install anything i make sure it is the only thing my xbox is doing and i am also not using a computer while it downloades either. \

Any help is greately appreciated thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Clear System Cache twice: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Delete and Redownload Profile (Delete Profile Only): support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Check Storage device for any corrupt content and delete.

Also, try this link as well: support.xbox.com/.../play-xbox-live-content

Let me know if those work for you :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

did all of that redownloaded ssx and got disc unreadable again.... but isnt deleting my catch suppose to delete game updates as well? cause i played ufc right after and it didnt update so either deleting the catch didnt work or is doesnt delete game updates

Sorry this didn't help.

Not all game updates are stored in the secondary cache, some games store them in the user area of the hard drive.   However since you are getting read errors playing demo's, it does sound like your hard drive is failing.  How old is it?

Sorry this didn't help.

well its the mw2 xbox so fairly old but it has been doin this now for quite a while i just finally got tired of it and tried to find a fix for it if there is one that doesnt involve spending a whole bunch of money

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a way to test if your hard drive is failing.  To do it though, you need USB flash drive.  With the machine off, remove your hard drive.  Insert a suitable flash drive and configure it for Xbox storage.  Download the SSX demo or any demo to this flash drive.  Does it work fine now.  Try installing a game to your flash drive.  If you don't get any read errors, you can be sure your hard drive is on the verge of failure. 

Sorry this didn't help.